Newark, Del., August 15, 2016—Tipton Health, a leading provider of Magnet® documentation support and full-service agency that helps hospitals, health care systems and their strategic partners, welcomes Kaye Hixon, PhD, to our team as Senior Consultant serving hospital clients pursuing Magnet designation.
Kaye’s experience as a senior appraiser for the ANCC’s Magnet Recognition Program will strengthen and expand Tipton’s Magnet services to better meet the needs of hospitals and health systems across the country. These services include:
- Analyzing gaps in preparation for Magnet Recognition Program and Pathway to Excellence® designation
- Educating nurses and hospital leaders on what appraisers are looking for and on strategies for approaching site visit interviews
- Enabling nurses and hospital leaders to “practice” in a safe, yet realistic, setting
- Energizing nurses and hospital leaders in anticipation of the site visit
- Supporting Magnet Program Directors in their preparation for the site visit
- Mentoring nurses and hospital leaders on how to communicate requested information clearly: the do’s and don’ts
Kaye will support hospitals and health organizations by applying her expert knowledge to the following services:
- Gap analysis for both Magnet and Pathways programs: identify strengths, assess the need for further infrastructure development and support the development of an action plan for submission of written documents
- Expert document review of initial and supplemental documentation for Magnet and Pathways
- Customized Mock Site Visits for applicants or educational programs to address client needs before site visit
While with the ANCC, Kaye mentored new appraisers and reviewed more than 40 hospital applications for Magnet recognition, including site visits. From 2008 to 2013, she served as the Chief Operating Officer for a 528-bed not-for-profit community hospital, leading the hospital to Magnet designation in 2008 and redesignation in 2013. She was also an Examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award.
“We are very fortunate to have Kaye join our team to assist nursing departments achieve their Magnet and Pathway to Excellence designation,” said Dan Tipton, president and CEO of Tipton Communications. “Her knowledge and years of Magnet experience immediately add value to our clients and her love of nursing and nurses fit very well with our culture: We are absolutely committed to the success of the nursing teams with whom we partner.”
Kaye holds an associate of arts degree, a bachelor’s degree in nursing, and a master’s degree in nursing administration and informatics from the University of Maryland. She earned her doctorate in health services administration in 2005. She is certified by the ANCC for Executive Nursing Leadership.
About Tipton Health
Tipton Health supports clients across the nation with award-winning business communications services, including employee communications, human resources communications, public relations, marketing communications, intranet and Internet design and development, graphic design and strategic communications planning. Tipton is also one of the fastest-growing providers of Magnet documentation support to the nation’s hospital and healthcare systems. For more information, please visit www.tiptonhealth.com.
Tipton Health products and services are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. ANCC Magnet Recognition®, ANCC National Magnet Conference®, Institute for Credentialing Innovation®, Magnet®, Magnet Recognition Program®, The Magnet Prize® and Pathway to Excellence® Program are registered trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Journey to Magnet Excellence™ and Pathway to Excellence in Long-Term Care™ are trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center.